Saturday, August 08, 2009

2nd Annual Annual Tennis Trip

Again, I took a bunch of tennis players to Colorado Springs to play in a couple of tournaments and so I could spend a little time with my mom! Now that I'm coaching the boys team as well, this year's trip was much different. 5 boys and one girl. Taryn got the upstairs with Mom; the boys and me got the basement. This picture shows us with Brian, the famous tournament director from the Memorial Park tournament who broke up the "incident" last year when one of my girl's parents has to defend himself from an overzealous (some might say insane) parent of an opponent (my girl won). "Get Brian!" has been our team motto ever since.


We went to Garden of the Gods to hike around and pose on the day between the two tourneys.And, of course, the customary group picture before going home. At least, we thought we were going home. We went home after fixing a flat and had to default the last day of matches in Pueblo. That was a big disappointment, but nevertheless, a memory and a story to tell to future tennis generations.

No comments: